Subject: bug#57400: 29.0.50; Support sending patches from VC directly

From: Richard Stallman <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 07 Oct 2022 18:48:52 -0400

[[[ To any NSA and FBI agents reading my email: please consider    ]]]
[[[ whether defending the US Constitution against all enemies,     ]]]
[[[ foreign or domestic, requires you to follow Snowden's example. ]]]

  > Currently 'C-x v =' (vc-diff) can be easily mistyped as 'C-x v +' (vc-pull)
  > often with an adverse effect because '=' and '+' are on the same key.
  > It would be nice to bring both 'vc-pull' and 'vc-push' under the same
  > prefix key 'C-x v p'.  And to add vc-prepare-patch under the same prefix.

Making C-x v p a prefix character  implies 4-char key sequences.
That is rather inconvenient.  Can we find another way?

Also, the similarity will invite confusion just like the similarity
between + and =.

Can we do anything to decide automatically whether to push or pull?

-- 
Dr Richard Stallman (https://stallman.org)
Chief GNUisance of the GNU Project (https://gnu.org)
Founder, Free Software Foundation (https://fsf.org)
Internet Hall-of-Famer (https://internethalloffame.org)