Subject: bug#57400: 29.0.50; Support sending patches from VC directly

From: Philip Kaludercic <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 07 Oct 2022 11:42:35 +0000

Juri Linkov <[email-masked]> writes:

>>> If you have a better name, there is no better time to change it than now.
>>
>> `vc-prepare-patch-attach'? `vc-prepare-patch-attach-patches'? Itʼs all
>> a bit of a mouthful to type, and it doesnʼt feel like much of an
>> improvement over what you have.
>
> We could base the name of the existing commands.  There is the command
> 'submit-emacs-patch', so the corresponding VC command could be
> 'vc-submit-patch'.  Also like the existing command 'git-send-email'
> the name could be 'vc-send-patch'.

So should I rename the command?  I'm not committed to any name.

> Also please note that the most convenient way to select revisions
> to submit is to show the log buffer, and use 'm' to mark revisions
> (log-view-toggle-mark-entry).  Then 'log-view-get-marked' returns
> all marked revisions.

This is supported, but currently not in this order.  Do you think an
option should be added that would use recursive editing to prompt the
user?

> I suggest to push the current version of the patch, then such marking
> could be added later.

OK, I'll do so later today.