Subject: bug#57400: 29.0.50; Support sending patches from VC directly

From: Dmitry Gutov <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 7 Oct 2022 01:22:36 +0300

On 06.10.2022 12:19, Eli Zaretskii wrote:
>> From: Philip Kaludercic<[email-masked]>
>> Cc:[email-masked],[email-masked]
>> Date: Thu, 06 Oct 2022 09:14:13 +0000
>>
>> Any comments on the updated patch?  Should I push it?  The additional
>> keybindings can be resolved later.
> I'd like Dmitry to review and comment, if he has time.

Thanks for the ping, fortunately I noticed this message.

Either the volume of messages on the mailing lists picked up, or I'm 
finding less free time these days, but the numbers of unread messages in 
my Debbugs and Emacs-Diffs folders is now in the thousands, and when I'm 
paging quickly through them, there are good odds of me missing some 
mentions.

I'll try to set up tags through message filters, and see how it goes.

This brings me back to the older discussion about forges and their email 
notifications. And being able to subscribe to specific subjects only. 
And also, when one is not subscribed to a thread (or perhaps to any 
threads as all), a @mention will be sure to attract their attention 
because it doesn't drown in an existing thread of messages that one 
might or might not be interested in reading.