Subject: [bug#57387] [PATCH] gnu: Add restartd.

From: Maxime Devos <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 26 Aug 2022 21:07:03 +0200

On 26-08-2022 18:57, Nicolas Graves wrote:

>> A bit of a nitpick, but Yin Kagkai was not involved in this patch, I
>> wrote it myself ...
>> ... the commenting syslog thing was an unrelated patch, maybe various
>> commits were squashed?
> Sorry, I should have explained.
> Applying both pull requests 6 and 8 failed because 3 lines were common
> to both.
Hm, I didn't encounter that, maybe I accidentally removed one of the 
pre-existing patches or even removed my own patch.
> I resolved that by merging both and recreating a new patch, thus giving
> credit to both authors. Is that OK ?

OK, but some commit messages are getting lost, maybe add a link to the 
two upstream PRs to make clear it's a combination of multiple 
independent -- Yin Kangkai did some presumably useful things, but it's 
not adding error handling unlike what the current patch message and file 
name implies.

Greetings,
Maxime.