Subject: Re: bug#57385: 28.1.91; project-find-regexp fails over tramp

From: André A. Gomes <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 25 Aug 2022 22:51:58 +0300

Michael Albinus <[email-masked]> writes:

Hi Michael,

> Looks like you use the termux sshd server on Android, right? This is
> sometimes tricky; I'm discussing this configuration also in bug#57044.
>
> Could you please try it again, starting with "emacs -Q" and making your
> Tramp config manually, setting tramp-verbose to 10, and run the test?
> The resulting debug buffer might tell us more.

Indeed, termux sshd server on Android.  I'll investigate this further
and get back to you.

Dmitry, I tested project-find-regexp over Tramp with a "mundane" system
and it failed regardless.  It seems I figured out why.  Shell-file-name
(in xref-matches-in-files) seems to get its value from the local
machine, not from the remote one.  Therefore, it can't possibly start
the grep process remotely.  Any on how to fix this?

Thanks again.

-- 
André A. Gomes
"You cannot even find the ruins..."