Subject: bug#57380: 29.0.50; configure --config-cache --with-native-compilation failing

From: Gerd Möllmann <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 24 Aug 2022 14:09:07 +0200

In GNU Emacs 29.0.50 (build 1, aarch64-apple-darwin21.6.0, NS
 appkit-2113.60 Version 12.5.1 (Build 21G83)) of 2022-08-23 built on
 Mini.fritz.box
Repository revision: 1f990d1cf95930a584a7f70f002f284e273b6fd6
Repository branch: master
Windowing system distributor 'Apple', version 10.3.2113
System Description:  macOS 12.5.1

Steps to reproduce:

./configure --config-cache --with-native-compilation
touch configure
make

or, alternatively

./configure --config-cache --with-native-compilation
./configure --config-cache --with-native-compilation

Result

The second configure, in the first recipe this is './config.status
--recheck', fails with

checking for gcc_jit_context_acquire in -lgccjit... (cached) yes
checking for libgccjit.h... (cached) yes
configure: error: The installed libgccjit failed to compile and run a test program using
the libgccjit library; see config.log for the details of the failure.

Config.log says

configure:19611: checking for libgccjit.h
configure:19611: result: yes
configure:19674: gcc -o conftest -g -O2     conftest.m -lgccjit -lsqlite3   -L/opt/homebrew/Cellar/libgccjit/12.1.0/lib/gcc/current >&5
conftest.m:131:12: fatal error: 'libgccjit.h' file not found
  #include <libgccjit.h>
           ^~~~~~~~~~~~~
1 error generated.