Subject: Re: bug#57379: GUI toolkit for Guile 3.0?

From: David Pirotte <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 29 Aug 2022 20:23:46 -0300

Hi Lee,

> Thank you again, David. I followed your installation instructions,
> and with a few warnings, your hello-world example (eventually) ran.

Great. What do you mean by '(eventually) ran'? Everything works fine,
'out of the box' and with no warnings, on debian ...

> can submit what I saw to the [email-masked] address.

No, please don't report warnings on [email-masked], rather, use the
guile-user ML, prefixing all g-golf related messages using 'G-Golf - ',
as proposed here  https://www.gnu.org/software/g-golf/contact.html

> I also got clipboard.scm to run, with one error.

	afaict, all examples should work fine, with no warning(s) and no
	error(s)

Please post a (separate) guile-user ML email with the error, as there is
no error nor any warning here (debian testing), I'd need to see ...

> I think for Jessica's and Ricardo's sakes, and because it's the right
> thing to do, we can close bug #57379 and carry on elsewhere.

You should definitely close bug#57379, which shouldn't have been opened
in the first place: it was not a guile nor a g-golf bug in the first
place ...

I invite you to report the warning(s) and bug(s) in separate
guile-user ML email(s) - start a new thread for every diff subject,
let's not mix things and examples ... also, why don't you join us on
irc.libera.chat as well, both #guile and #guix (which I follow but I do
not participate, unless g-golf, guile-lib ... related, only wrt those
packages I am involved in ...)

David