Subject: bug#57379: GUI toolkit for Guile 3.0?

From: Jessica Tallon <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 24 Aug 2022 20:55:46 +0200

Lee Thomas <[email-masked]> writes:

> Thank you, Jessica! That assurance is all I really needed, but FYI: When I
> type "(use-modules (gi))" into an interactive guile, trying to follow
> https://github.com/spk121/guile-gi/blob/master/examples/cairo.scm , guile
> responds with:
> While compiling expression:
> no code for module (gi)
>
> If you happen to know how to fix that, it'd be fantastic for me. But it
> appears to me to be an issue with guix, so I'm happy to ask over there.

No problem.

I'm using it with guix, for example I can do:

$ guix shell guile guile-gi
$ guile
scheme@(guile-user)> (use-modules (gi))

Could it be that you've installed the guile-gi package with guix, but
it's using a system guile version which isn't set up to look for modules
in the path that guix is putting them in? I'm relatively new to guix so
if the above doesn't work, it's prehaps best asking over with the guix
folks since I'm relatively new to guix too.

-- 
Thanks,
Jessica.