Subject: bug#57376: 28.1; rcirc-fill-flag ignored after 27->28 upgrade

From: Philip Kaludercic <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 27 Aug 2022 13:37:01 +0000

Lars Ingebrigtsen <[email-masked]> writes:

>
> Philip Kaludercic <[email-masked]> writes:
>
>> But I am not sure I understand what is going on here, since this "fills
>> the region" between the beginning of the prompt and either the end of
>> the prompt or the next (nonexistant?) message?  So shouldn't this
>> have -- prior to my change -- have done nothing, all the time?
>
> Hm...  like I said, I'm not very familiar with this code, but I think
> you may be right here.
>
> So just removing the fill might be the right fix here.

At the very least I was wrong about the (fill-region (point-min)
(point-max)), so that has to go.  But I will modify the code locally to
check if squeezing white-space before the prompt is still necessary or
not.