Subject: Re: bug#57372: no-toolkit menu popups do not respect emacs font configuration

From: Tomas Hlavaty <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 13 Sep 2022 22:06:45 +0200

On Thu 25 Aug 2022 at 22:02, Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]> wrote:
>> It is not something I invented, it is important use-case and pretty
>> much essential part of GUI programs these days.  Try for example C-+
>> and C-- in firefox or xfce4-terminal.
>
> When I do that in Firefox, the displayed text is resized, but not the
> menus or the tool bar.

Interestingly, the Web Developer Tools menu does change the font size,
e.g. press F12 and C-+ and the font size of the Web Developer Tools menu
changes too.

Only the widget toolkit based menu does not change the font size.

I never understood why web browsers depend on widget toolkits
when they already implement everything needed
and do not adhere to "native" look-and-feel anyway.
Widget toolkits impose such inflexible restrictions
and import annoying problems.

Like somebody recently complained about 2sec delay when opening Emacs menu.
tmm-menubar does not solve it fully, because in gui emacs,
menu invocations by mouse are hardcoded to use toolkit based menu.