Subject: bug#57372: no-toolkit menu popups do not respect emacs font configuration

From: Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 26 Aug 2022 13:35:23 +0300

> From: Tomas Hlavaty <[email-masked]>
> Cc: [email-masked], [email-masked]
> Date: Fri, 26 Aug 2022 09:19:40 +0200
> 
> Is there a way to show tmm-menubar also after clicking on the menubar?
> I still get the alien XMenu.

You could try binding [menu-bar mouse-1], but I'm not sure it will
work in every build configuration.

> Is there a way to discover what function handles a click in a similar
> way there is describe-key?  (describe-key seems to work with clicks
> except on the menubar.)

If the clicks are intercepted before they get to Emacs, you cannot use
describe-key with them.

> Is it an intention or a bug that tmm-menubar does not show checkboxes,
> unlike other menu implementations?

That's how tmm-menubar was written.  I don't know what were the
intentions.