Subject: bug#57372: no-toolkit menu popups do not respect emacs font configuration

From: Tomas Hlavaty <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 24 Aug 2022 10:15:11 +0200

Hi Eli,

On Wed 24 Aug 2022 at 05:29, Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]> wrote:
>> I often use C-+ and C-- to resize the default font and this does not
>> work in menus (except with the console emacs obviously, where there is
>> one font only and is resized by the console and not emacs).
>
> The font used for menus in the no-toolkit build is not the default
> face's font, so it doesn't resize.  That font is determined by X
> resources, see the relevant node in the Emacs manual.

yes, and that is not good and would be nice if it was improved.

For example, on my system, the default X resources font used in
no-toolkit emacs is too small and changing it is rather inconvenient.
So when I choose a default face in .emacs, most of the no-toolkit emacs
does what I expect, except the popped up menu text, which is unreadable.

Would it be possible to change it so that even this popped up menu text
font is not determined by X resources but by the usual emacs face
mechanism?

Regards,

Tomas