Subject: bug#5737 closed by Glenn Morris <[email-masked]> (Re: bug#5737: rst-emphasis[12]-face have default values that upset customize)

From: [email-masked] (GNU bug Tracking System)
Date: Sat, 20 Mar 2010 18:22:02 +0000

This is an automatic notification regarding your bug report
which was filed against the emacs package:

#5737: rst-emphasis[12]-face have default values that upset customize

It has been closed by Glenn Morris <[email-masked]>.

Their explanation is attached below along with your original report.
If this explanation is unsatisfactory and you have not received a
better one in a separate message then please contact Glenn Morris <[email-masked]> by
replying to this email.

-- 
5737: http://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=5737
GNU Bug Tracking System
Contact [email-masked] with problems

Subject: Re: bug#5737: rst-emphasis[12]-face have default values that upset customize
From: Glenn Morris <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Sat, 20 Mar 2010 14:21:03 -0400
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

I have rewritten this code in the trunk to use faces in preference to
-face variables.

Subject: rst-emphasis[12]-face have default values that upset customize
From: Reuben Thomas <[email-masked]>
To: bug-emacs <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 18 Mar 2010 20:40:14 +0000
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

...and not for a very good reason: rst.el cites "XEmacs
compatibility", surely not necessary in a file distributed with GNU
Emacs?

To add to the confusion, entering a face name doesn't remove the error
about a "mismatch" in the Customize buffer, though restarting Emacs
does then make the customized values show correctly, along with a face
sample.

-- 
http://rrt.sc3d.org