Subject: bug#57364: 28.1.91; asynchronous X server error when creating a second frame on alternate DISPLAY

From: andrés ramírez <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 29 Aug 2022 19:58:56 +0000

Hi. Po.

>>>>> "Po" == Po Lu <[email-masked]> writes:

[...]

    Po> No, sorry, but I know it's not present on master.  Try bisecting to see which change
    Po> resolves the problem.

This is the one that fixed it.
--8<---------------cut here---------------start------------->8---
commit de614ec9508d6ba34abf9db28f5d086b8710e361
Author: Po Lu <[email-masked]>
Date:   Wed Jan 19 17:39:04 2022 +0800

  Use Cairo XCB surfaces when XCB is available
  
  This lets us get at goodies such as shm support, which aren't
  available with the xlib surface.  (bug#52120)
  
  * configure.ac: Test for cairo-xcb if cairo is available on X.
  * src/xterm.c (USE_CAIRO_XCB_SURFACE): New define.
  (x_begin_cr_clip): Create XCB surfaces if available.
  (x_try_cr_xlib_drawable):
  (x_scroll_run): Handle XCB surfaces.
  (x_term_init): Find XCB visualtype structure.
  * src/xterm.h (struct x_display_info): New field `xcb_visual'.
  * src/xwidget.c (x_draw_xwidget_glyph_string): Fix integer
  overflow.
--8<---------------cut here---------------end--------------->8---

Best Regards