Subject: bug#57364: 28.1.91; asynchronous X server error when creating a second frame on alternate DISPLAY

From: andrés ramírez <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 26 Aug 2022 13:59:25 +0000

Hi. Po.

>>>>> "Po" == Po Lu <[email-masked]> writes:

[...]

    Po> Oh, then I know this bug.  It's in Cairo, not Emacs.

    Po> What version of Cairo do you have installed?  I think this problem goes away if you update
    Po> Cairo to the latest released version.

My distro is Archlinux, almost and up-to-date distro. I had installed
1.17.6. After your comment I upgrade cairo to the git version. And the
error is still present.

I should add that this error does NOT happen with emacs-master. So
something has changed on emacs-master, that incidentally has avoided
this error. Perhaps You could have an idea about what change has solved
it on master.

[...]

    Po> There is not, and there's no reason to not do that, if async input happens while deleting
    Po> the frame that causes the border color to legitimately change.

Ok. But again. I am getting rid of all the frames that belong to this
display. If the border change it is something I am not going to watch
(because. It is going to be too quick for my eyes). IMO It could be an
optimization there. Perhaps When 'dpyinfo->display == NULL' not updating
the frame anymore. Anyway that is a kind of tangent for this bug.

    Po> That isn't the cause of this error.

Right. It is asynchronous.

Best Regards