Subject: bug#57364: 28.1.91; asynchronous X server error when creating a second frame on alternate DISPLAY

From: andrés ramírez <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 26 Aug 2022 03:43:41 +0000

Hi. Po.

>>>>> "Po" == Po Lu <[email-masked]> writes:

[...]

    Po> Ah, that explains it.  x-command-line-resources doesn't take effect if you run with "-Q",
    Po> try "-q" instead.

As tested before. after s/Q/q the error does NOT show.

    >> And also take in account, that the error is not reproducible in this condition.

    Po> I think I've seen this somewhere.  Does the error still happen if you build
    Po> "--without-cairo"?

It does NOT happen If You use --without-cairo. Perhaps this could be a
workaround for my case. But I still think We should try to find the
offending line. WDYT?

    >> I have had a question on my mind?  Inspecting the last backtrace I have published on this bug
    >> report.
    >> 
    >> I see the error is recovered in a call on the function x_frame_highlight (within the call to
    >> x_catch_error). Why If I am calling close-display-connection. Some functions need to be
    >> called?

    Po> Functions can be called on the display being closed while handling async input from that
    Po> display, or when performing cleanup tasks.  Unless, of course, the display is down, but that
    Po> is rarely the case when you manually call close-display-connection/delete-terminal.

for cleanup tasks it's ok. But for x_frame_highlight. I am getting rid
of all the X-frames on this display. Is there a way of avoiding calling
that function in case of close-display-connections.

Best Regards