Subject: Re: Solvespace package re-done

From: Liliana Marie Prikler <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 01 Sep 2022 19:20:18 +0200

Am Donnerstag, dem 01.09.2022 um 19:18 +0200 schrieb Liliana Marie
Prikler:
> Am Mittwoch, dem 31.08.2022 um 20:51 +0200 schrieb Kristian Lein-
> Mathisen:
> 
> > ;; There is another mimalloc, used in rust-mimalloc. But it's on
> > mimalloc
> > +;; version 1.6.4. TODO: See if it's possible to re-use this
> > package
> > by both.
> > +(define mimalloc-for-solvespace
> Given that this is the upstream mimalloc, there's no reason to make
> this private or only for solvespace.  Note that you should separate
> this into one patch per package.
Oh, and there's no conflict with rust-mimalloc, since that bundles
mimalloc as rust stuff does.  *sigh*

IOW you can name it mimalloc, no need for version suffixes or anything
else.  If at any point you need an old mimalloc as well, you can add it
as mimalloc-1.6 or whatever.

Cheers