Subject: 29.0.50; Error in window-scroll-functions in *Packages* buffer

From: Arash Esbati <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 23 Aug 2022 18:08:02 +0200

Hi all,

I get the following

 Error in window-scroll-functions (header-line-indent--window-scroll-function):
 (wrong-number-of-arguments #<subr header-line-indent--window-scroll-function> 0)

in *Packages* buffer.  Steps to reproduce:

 • emacs -Q
 • eval (package-initialize)
 • eval (setq package-check-signature nil) (I have to do it)
 • M-x list-packages
 • Wait until refresh is done and hit C-v (or page-down)

C-h v window-scroll-functions RET in *Packages* says:

 window-scroll-functions is a variable defined in ‘C source code’.

 Its value is (t)
 Local in buffer *Packages*; global value is nil

 List of functions to call before redisplaying a window with scrolling.
 Each function is called with two arguments, the window and its new
 display-start position.

I'm not sure why there is t in that list, but this way, the error makes
sense.  This is with Emacs from master 79c0e78460 on Win10.

Best, Arash