Subject: [PATCH 0/2] Add docxbox

From: Wiktor Żelazny <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 22 Aug 2022 11:27:53 +0200

The docxbox patch is probably not ready for applying, yet (but it should
be close). This is my first attempt at “unvendoring”. The thing builds
and seems to work. The problem is that etc/ld.so.cache gets created. I
have no idea where it comes from, but I suspect that it shouldn’t be
there, as it’s easy to imagine a conflict if multiple packages with
etc/ld.so.cache are being installed.

miniz-cpp-fixed-duplicated-symbols.patch is the last commit in

   https://github.com/kstenschke/miniz-cpp/tree/patch-2

I think I just used `git show` and redirected the output to the file.
I’m noting this because I’m not sure if there are any potential
copyright issues involved in such a workflow.

I couldn’t get the test suite to work. Please, see the comment in the
package definition for the details.

Then, there are linter messages:

   /home/<USER>/guix/guix-git/gnu/packages/textutils.scm:1512:12: [email-masked]: the source file name should contain the package name

Adding the

   (file-name (git-file-name name version))

line removes the warning, but breaks the build.

   /home/<USER>/guix/guix-git/gnu/packages/textutils.scm:1512:12: [email-masked]: the source URI should not be an autogenerated tarball

I’m guessing this refers to GitHub Automatic Releases feature.
Unfortunately, there are no other releases to choose from in that
repository.

Finally, there’s the question related to the MS Word being proprietary
software. I don’t think there should be controversies here, as docxbox
is about interacting with the docx format, rather than the software
itself. And the format itself is standardized. Perhaps the synopsis
the package should avoid mentioning MS Word. I borrowed it from the
docxbox repository.

Wiktor Żelazny (2):
  gnu: Add miniz-cpp.
  gnu: Add docxbox.

 gnu/local.mk                                  |    1 +
 gnu/packages/cpp.scm                          |   27 +
 .../miniz-cpp-fixed-duplicated-symbols.patch  | 2734 +++++++++++++++++
 gnu/packages/textutils.scm                    |   73 +-
 4 files changed, 2833 insertions(+), 2 deletions(-)
 create mode 100644 gnu/packages/patches/miniz-cpp-fixed-duplicated-symbols.patch

base-commit: b8f2eb286ec52c97048e23d326d94ae5772797e8
-- 
2.37.2