Subject: Re: bug#57337: [PATCH 0/2] Add docxbox

From: Ludovic Courtès <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 08 Sep 2022 14:49:15 +0200

Wiktor Żelazny <[email-masked]> skribis:

> From: Wiktor Żelazny <[email-masked]>
>
> * gnu/packages/textutils.scm (docxbox): New variable.

[...]

> +              (snippet '(begin
> +                          (for-each delete-file-recursively
> +                                    '("bin" "vendor/json" "vendor/miniz-cpp"
> +                                      "vendor/tinyxml2")) #t))))

You can remove the trailing #t, it’s no longer necessary.

> +    (build-system cmake-build-system)
> +    ;; (native-inputs (list bats)) ; Enable after fixing tests, use bash module
> +    (inputs `(("json-modern-cxx-source" ,(package-source json-modern-cxx))
> +              ("miniz-cpp-source" ,(package-source miniz-cpp))
> +              ("tinyxml2-source" ,(package-source tinyxml2))))

I’d suggest using the new style, which is to refer to those right in the
code, like so:

  (arguments
    (list #:phases #~(modify-phases …
                       …
                       (invoke "tar" "xf" #$(package-source whatever)))))

However, it would be best if, instead of re-building those three
libraries, docxbox would instead link against the .so provided by their
respective packages.

> +    (synopsis "CLI tool for MS Word DOCX templating and analysis")

s/CLI/Command-line/ (in general, avoid acronyms)

s/DOCX/@file{.docx}/ I would say.

Could you send updated patches?

Thanks,
Ludo’.