Subject: bug#57334: 28.1; Fix wdired with (dired '(dir f1 f2 ...))

From: Thierry Volpiatto <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 23 Aug 2022 10:53:12 +0000

Lars Ingebrigtsen <[email-masked]> writes:

> Thierry Volpiatto <[email-masked]> writes:
>
>> The tests succeed with following patch (avoid setting dired-directory to
>> nil).
>
> Michael noted that there's more fundamental problems in this area,

Indeed there is other problems, like Michael mentionned but also Eli.

I had also problems with `wdired-get-filename` which at the end use
(concat dir file) instead of (expand-file-name file dir).
If filename is absolute we endup with
e.g. "/home/you/tmp//home/you/tmp/foo.txt" instead of
"/home/you/tmp/foo.txt".
Curiously this happen in emacs-28 but not in 29 (why I submitted no
patch for this).

> so perhaps more work is needed later, but your change makes sense
> anyway, I think, so I've now pushed it to Emacs 29.

Great thanks.

-- 
Thierry