Subject: bug#5733: closed (Re: bug#5733: 23.1.94; ps-print generates .ps files that can not be printed)

From: [email-masked] (GNU bug Tracking System)
Date: Wed, 30 Oct 2019 21:00:03 +0000

Your bug report

#5733: 23.1.94; ps-print generates .ps files that can not be printed

which was filed against the emacs package, has been closed.

The explanation is attached below, along with your original report.
If you require more details, please reply to [email-masked].

-- 
5733: http://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=5733
GNU Bug Tracking System
Contact [email-masked] with problems

Subject: Re: bug#5733: 23.1.94; ps-print generates .ps files that can not be printed
From: Stefan Kangas <[email-masked]>
To: Leo <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 30 Oct 2019 21:58:51 +0100
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Stefan Kangas <[email-masked]> writes:

> Leo <[email-masked]> writes:
>
>> .ps files generated by C-u M-x ps-print-buffer-with-faces seem to have
>> problems. It seems it can only be viewed by ghostscript. Open it on OSX
>> shows no text in it.
>>
>> I have asked the question on TeX on Mac OS X Mailing List as well and
>> got a few interesting replies.
>
> I can't reproduce this on current master.  The generated .ps file
> opens just fine in macOS "Preview".
>
> Are you still seeing this on a modern version of Emacs?  If I don't
> hear back from you within a couple of weeks, I'll just assume that
> this has been fixed and close this bug as unreproducible.

More information was requested, but none was given within 4 weeks, so
I'm closing this bug.  If this is still an issue, please reopen the bug
report.

Best regards,
Stefan Kangas

Subject: 23.1.94; ps-print generates .ps files that can not be printed
From: Leo <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 17 Mar 2010 15:50:01 +0000
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

.ps files generated by C-u M-x ps-print-buffer-with-faces seem to have
problems. It seems it can only be viewed by ghostscript. Open it on OSX
shows no text in it.

I have asked the question on TeX on Mac OS X Mailing List as well and
got a few interesting replies.

1. A user try to print such a ps file and get no text either.
   (http://article.gmane.org/gmane.comp.tex.macosx/36581)

2. The PostScript file does not include any fonts. It's not 100%
   compliant to the standard. It can't be opened in Illustrator CS3:
   http://article.gmane.org/gmane.comp.tex.macosx/36547 and
   http://article.gmane.org/gmane.comp.tex.macosx/36554

The whole discussion can be found here:

http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.comp.tex.macosx/36546

In GNU Emacs 23.1.94.1 (x86_64-apple-darwin10.2.0, Carbon Version 1.6.0
 AppKit 1038.25) of 2010-03-15 on Victoria.local