Subject: Re: bug#57325: 27.1; functions in ff-other-file-alist

From: Felician Nemeth <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 30 Aug 2022 15:48:44 +0200

Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]> writes:

> But then I think we should replace this code in ff-get-file-name:
>
>               (setq file (concat dir "/" filename))
> with
>               (setq file (expand-file-name filename dir))
>
> and then the code will work with absolute file names as well, even if
> the file is not already visited in a buffer.  Right?

Yes, I think that's right.

The latest documentation still has this:

   Note: if an element of the alist names a FUNCTION as its cdr, that
   function must return a non-nil list of file-name extensions.  It
   cannot return nil, nor can it signal in any way a failure to find a
   suitable list of extensions.

The end of the first sentence should be "file-names."  Then I think this
bug report can be closed.

Thanks again.