Subject: bug#57320: 29.0.50; Lucid menus can't be operated with the mouse

From: Visuwesh <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 06 Sep 2022 15:53:15 +0530

[செவ்வாய் செப்டம்பர் 06, 2022] Jean Louis wrote:

> * Po Lu via "Bug reports for GNU Emacs, the Swiss army knife of text editors <[email-masked]> [2022-08-22 04:36]:
>> Please put a breakpoint on line 2879 of xlwmenu.c and tell me what
>> XtGrabPointer returns.  Make sure to do this from another machine, since
>> grabbing will not work if you switch windows or click anywhere else.
>
> How do I do this?
>
> I can do it from my phone or other machine in LAN. Give me
> instructions please.

Here's what I did: Compile Emacs so that it retains symbol info,
etc. (see C-h C-d).
I ssh'd into my laptop from termux, started an emacsclient there.  cd'd
into src/ directory of my git checkout started gdb by saying M-x gdb
RET.  In the gdb prompt, I said

    (gdb) source .gdbinit
    (gdb) break xlwmenu.c:2879
    (gdb) run -Q

At this point, emacs -Q should have opened in your machine.  I clicked
the menu in the emacs -Q frame and the breakpoint in gdb hit.  Make sure
you don't move the mouse or use the keyboard.  After the breakpoint hit,
it was a matter of doing what Eli instructed me.

HTH.