Subject: Re: bug#57320: 29.0.50; Lucid menus can't be operated with the mouse

From: Visuwesh <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 04 Sep 2022 14:11:15 +0530

[ஞாயிறு செப்டம்பர் 04, 2022] Po Lu wrote:

> Visuwesh <[email-masked]> writes:
>
>> But it looks like it wasn't able to return anything.  Anyway, the issue
>> seems to be mysteriously fixed on my side.  
>
> That's because you tried to debug it.  Which is typical of X11 problems
> related to grabs, unfortunately.
>
> The next time it shows up, please try the best you can to debug it from
> another machine, instead of in Xephyr or with a different pointer
> device.  Thanks.

I will definitely do that.
[ I actually gave up trying to debug it using MPX, mpwm was too broken
  to use.  Also, when the breakpoint hit, the Emacs frame which had gdb
  running was unresponsive as well.  So I ssh'd into my laptop from my
  phone via termux and did all the work from termux when the breakpoint
  was hit.  ]