Subject: bug#5732: css-mode doesn't correctly highlight "grouped" selectors

From: Deniz Dogan <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 17 Mar 2010 12:25:14 +0100

css-mode doesn't seem to correctly highlight anything but the last
selector if grouping them as such:

#topic span,
#topic b,
#topic i {
    ...
}

In the above example only the selector "#topic i" is highlighted
correctly, the preceding ones get the `default' face.  When putting the
selectors on one line, all works well.

In GNU Emacs 23.1.91.1 (i386-mingw-nt6.0.6002)
 of 2010-01-03 on PRETEST
Windowing system distributor `Microsoft Corp.', version 6.0.6002
configured using `configure --with-gcc (3.4)'

Important settings:
  value of $LC_ALL: nil
  value of $LC_COLLATE: nil
  value of $LC_CTYPE: nil
  value of $LC_MESSAGES: nil
  value of $LC_MONETARY: nil
  value of $LC_NUMERIC: nil
  value of $LC_TIME: nil
  value of $LANG: en
  value of $XMODIFIERS: nil
  locale-coding-system: cp1252
  default enable-multibyte-characters: t

Major mode: Emacs-Lisp

Minor modes in effect:
  rcirc-track-minor-mode: t
  diff-auto-refine-mode: t
  global-auto-complete-mode: t
  auto-complete-mode: t
  tooltip-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  font-lock-mode: t
  global-auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t
  column-number-mode: t
  line-number-mode: t

Recent input:
Irrelevant.

Recent messages:
Nothing relevant here.

Load-path shadows:
~/.emacs.d/js hides c:/Program Files/emacs/lisp/progmodes/js
c:/Program Files/emacs/lisp/progmodes/sym-comp hides c:/Program
Files/emacs/lisp/obsolete/sym-comp
c:/Program Files/emacs/lisp/emacs-lisp/lucid hides c:/Program
Files/emacs/lisp/obsolete/lucid
c:/Program Files/emacs/lisp/emacs-lisp/levents hides c:/Program
Files/emacs/lisp/obsolete/levents

Features:
(shadow sort mail-extr message smtpmail sendmail ecomplete rfc822 mml
mml-sec password-cache mm-decode mm-bodies mm-encode mailcap mail-parse
rfc2231 rfc2047 rfc2045 qp ietf-drums mailabbrev nnheader gnus-util
netrc mm-util mail-prsvr gmm-utils wid-edit mailheader canlock sha1
hex-util hashcash mail-utils emacsbug crm find-func help-mode help-fns
css-mode multi-isearch vc-hg nxml-uchnm rng-xsd xsd-regexp rng-cmpct
rng-nxml rng-valid rng-loc rng-uri rng-parse nxml-parse rng-match rng-dt
rng-util rng-pttrn nxml-ns nxml-mode nxml-outln nxml-rap nxml-util
nxml-glyph nxml-enc xmltok rcirc time-date cus-start cus-load
html-helper-skorpan edmacro kmacro ido js byte-opt bytecomp byte-compile
json thingatpt etags ring imenu newcomment cc-mode cc-fonts cc-menus
cc-cmds cc-styles cc-align cc-engine cc-vars cc-defs regexp-opt
mercurial view vc vc-dispatcher executable diff-mode easymenu
dropdown-list auto-complete-css auto-complete easy-mmode cl cl-19
tooltip ediff-hook vc-hooks lisp-float-type mwheel dos-w32 disp-table
ls-lisp w32-win w32-vars tool-bar dnd fontset image fringe lisp-mode
register page menu-bar rfn-eshadow timer select scroll-bar mldrag mouse
jit-lock font-lock syntax facemenu font-core frame cham georgian
utf-8-lang misc-lang vietnamese tibetan thai tai-viet lao korean
japanese hebrew greek romanian slovak czech european ethiopic indian
cyrillic chinese case-table epa-hook jka-cmpr-hook help simple abbrev
loaddefs button minibuffer faces cus-face files text-properties overlay
md5 base64 format env code-pages mule custom widget
hashtable-print-readable backquote make-network-process multi-tty emacs)