Subject: bug#57292: GDM accessibility menu buttons don't do anything

From: Liliana Marie Prikler <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 18 Sep 2022 21:36:18 +0200

Am Donnerstag, dem 18.08.2022 um 22:11 -0400 schrieb Maxim Cournoyer:
> Hello Guix!
> 
> I've just noticed that the accessibility buttons at the top right of
> the screen, e.g. "High Contrast" don't stick in the enable position,
> and do seem to do anything.  Both in 40.1 and the 42.0 I'm about to
> update to.
Hi Maxim,

I think the issue is that the accessibility bus is not, uh, accessible.
In particular, the following line appears in GDM's greeter log:

(gnome-shell:767): dbind-WARNING **: 20:29:48.718: AT-SPI: Error
retrieving accessibility bus address:
org.freedesktop.DBus.Error.ServiceUnknown: The name org.a11y.Bus was
not provided by any .service files

Note that the service itself is provided by at-spi2-core.  Perhaps we
should wire things up in gdm-service-type?

Cheers