Subject: Re: bug#57287: [PATCH] gnu: Add tp-smapi-module.

From: Mathieu Othacehe <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 12 Sep 2022 21:14:34 +0200

Hello,

> * gnu/packages/linux.scm (tp-smapi-module): New variable.

Applied with the following diff.

--8<---------------cut here---------------start------------->8---
--- a/gnu/packages/linux.scm
+++ b/gnu/packages/linux.scm
@@ -9354,11 +9354,11 @@ (define-public tp-smapi-module
      `(#:tests? #f))                    ;there are none.
     (home-page "https://github.com/linux-thinkpad/tp_smapi")
     (synopsis
-     "The tp_smapi kernel module exposes some features of ThinkPad hardware")
+     "Linux Kernel module exposing features of ThinkPad hardware")
     (description
-     "Currently, the main functionality tp_smapi
-implements is control of battery chargin and extended battery status.
-The software package also includes an improved version of the HDAPS
-driver.  The underlying hardware interfaces are SMAPI and direct access
-to the embedded controller.")
+     "This package provides a Linux Kernel module that allows to control
+battery charging of specific ThinkPad laptops.  It also includes an improved
+version of the HDAPS driver.  The underlying hardware interfaces are
+@acronym{SMAPI, System Management Application Program Interface} and direct
+access to the embedded controller.")
     (license license:gpl2+)))
--8<---------------cut here---------------end--------------->8---

Thanks,

Mathieu