Subject: bug#57285: xdg-desktop-portal update executables no longer ELF binaries

From: Jack Hill <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 18 Aug 2022 16:26:18 -0400 (EDT)

On Thu, 18 Aug 2022, Liliana Marie Prikler wrote:

> Could it be that you have a corrupt (possibly empty) file?  On my
> machine I have
>
> $ file /gnu/store/dfp9xsk36wkanaan6zcylc2b86bfj2y7-xdg-desktop-portal-
> 1.14.4/libexec/xdg-desktop-portal
> /gnu/store/dfp9xsk36wkanaan6zcylc2b86bfj2y7-xdg-desktop-portal-
> 1.14.4/libexec/xdg-desktop-portal: ELF 64-bit LSB executable, x86-64,
> version 1 (SYSV), dynamically linked, interpreter
> /gnu/store/5h2w4qi9hk1qzzgi1w83220ydslinr4s-glibc-2.33/lib/ld-linux-
> x86-64.so.2, for GNU/Linux 2.6.32, stripped
>
> $ file /gnu/store/bp9j67p8ynif5p2vbjl7lg294f5aihxk-xdg-desktop-portal-
> 1.14.4/libexec/xdg-desktop-portal
> /gnu/store/bp9j67p8ynif5p2vbjl7lg294f5aihxk-xdg-desktop-portal-
> 1.14.4/libexec/xdg-desktop-portal: ELF 64-bit LSB executable, x86-64,
> version 1 (SYSV), dynamically linked, interpreter
> /gnu/store/5h2w4qi9hk1qzzgi1w83220ydslinr4s-glibc-2.33/lib/ld-linux-
> x86-64.so.2, for GNU/Linux 2.6.32, stripped

Indeed, it was corrupt. After collecting the affected items, and 
re-fetching substitutes, everything looks good.

Thanks!
Jack