Subject: Re: bug#57267: 28.1; emacs crashes when loading too many images

From: Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 18 Aug 2022 09:30:22 +0300

> From: [email-masked]
> Date: Wed, 17 Aug 2022 20:38:27 -0400
> 
> I wrote a small library to add thumbnails to dired here:
> https://github.com/jojojames/media-thumbnail
> 
> When scrolling through images at a fast rate. (I hold down the key to go to the next line for example.),
> emacs eventually crashes.

Please compile Emacs with debug information and without optimizations,
then run it under a debugger, and when it crashes, please post the
full backtrace from the debugger, including the Lisp backtrace
(produced by GDB automatically if you source the .gdbinit file that
comes with Emacs).

Also, you didn't post the information about your build that is
normally collected by "M-x report-emacs-bug"; please post that, it's
important for the analysis of the possible reasons.

Thanks.