Subject: Re: bug#57265: 29.0.50; loaddefs-generate prints output-file relative to lisp-directory

From: "Basil L. Contovounesios" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 18 Aug 2022 19:45:37 +0300

close 57265 29.1
quit

Lars Ingebrigtsen [2022-08-18 15:14 +0200] wrote:

> "Basil L. Contovounesios" <[email-masked]> writes:
>
>> I would expect the output to be closer to that in step 3, with the
>> overridden lisp-directory.
>
> I think I've now fixed this in Emacs 29; can you check?

LGTM, thanks.

>> Ideally I would like to customise/silence the rest of the output as
>> well, but maybe that should be in a separate feature request?
>
> Which part of the output -- just the GEN message?  Or the "Scraping"
> bits?

I guess all of the output (cf. update-file-autoloads which was silent
since Emacs 25), but let's wait for others to ask for this as well; it's
not that important to me.

-- 
Basil