Subject: bug#57256: Very long lines displayed in debugger window

From: Phil Sainty <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 17 Aug 2022 15:37:37 +1200

On 2022-08-17 14:24, uzibalqa wrote:
>> You can also simply M-x toggle-truncate-lines
> 
> Would be much better to prettify the display and fitting it in the
> debugger window automatically.

Conversely, a debugger frame might have a HUGE amount of data in that
truncated information, yet it might be a frame you don't care about,
and then you might have many pages of prettified output to get past in
order to see what you're actually interested in, which is irritating.

So I think even with prettified output, being able to toggle that is
going to be a necessary feature.

> Reduces the amount of continuous typing we all have to do during
> our interaction with emacs.

FWIW I highly recommend binding `toggle-truncate-lines' to a key
sequence (I have it on "s-\") as I find it's a very helpful thing to
have trivially available (i.e. without much typing) in all kinds of
situations.