Subject: bug#5725: 23.1.94; list_system_processes for BSD_SYSTEM (with patch)

From: Leo <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 03 Apr 2010 16:57:01 +0100

On 2010-04-03 09:37 +0100, Eduard Wiebe wrote:
> Leo <[email-masked]> writes:
>
>  Hi Leo,

Hello Eduard,

>
>> The included patch implements list_system_processes through sysctl.h
>> which I guess is available on all BSD systems. I have also implemented
>> process_attributes and will send it in after more testing.
>
> I've already done this and send it several weeks ago (bug#5243). Can you
> test this patch on other BSD (!= FreeBSD) machine(s)?

I guess things have diverged on these BSD systems. Your patch can't
compile on Darwin (log attached). I wonder if you and YAMAMOTO Mitsuh
can make the patch in #5243 work on Darwin too.

My implementation of process_attributes involves using libproc.h which
is declared as private interface. I am thinking of changing it to use
mach/task_info.h but I haven't got around to do it.

Thanks,

Leo