Subject: Re: bug#57229: ‘guix system image’ forces commit authentication?

From: Janneke Nieuwenhuizen <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 27 Nov 2024 17:37:51 +0100

Mathieu Othacehe writes:

Hello,

>> λ ./pre-inst-env guix system image -t iso9660 
>> gnu/system/install.scm --disable-authentication
>> guix system: error: disable-authentication: unrecognized option
>
> That's probably a side effect of https://issues.guix.gnu.org/53210 that
> includes the "current-guix" inside the installation image instead of the
> latest Guix snapshot.
>
> To build "current-guix", we rely on the channel-build-system and
> ultimately the latest-channel-instance procedure. This procedure takes an
> "authenticate?" argument.
>
> Now passing this option will be tricky as we do not call
> latest-channel-instance directly like in (guix scripts pull) but rather
> rely on the "current-guix" variable.
>
> I'll think more about it.

Just got hit by this

--8<---------------cut here---------------start------------->8---
Git error: cannot locate remote-tracking branch 'origin/keyring'
--8<---------------cut here---------------end--------------->8---

too, working on a fresh clone.  The only way I found around it is by
first doing

   make update-guix

before running "guix sytem image".  This is not required in my old clone
and I cannot figure out the differences between those git trees.  Ideas?

Greetings,
Janneke

PS: I ran guix authenticate ..., did a git fetch origin keyring:keyring,
    even created a keyring worktree.

-- 
Janneke Nieuwenhuizen <[email-masked]>  | GNU LilyPond https://LilyPond.org
Freelance IT https://www.JoyOfSource.com | Avatar® https://AvatarAcademy.com