Subject: Re: bug#57215: ci: Fail to evaluate Guix specification

From: Mathieu Othacehe <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 16 Aug 2022 11:20:16 +0200

Hey,

> So, I think there's some involvement of grafts that mean you end up
> building things when just trying to compute the derivation. But that's
> as far as I got, I don't really understand why this is the case, or what
> can be done about it.

Thanks for sharing Chris, I tried to disable grafts, but I was not able
to go any further:

--8<---------------cut here---------------start------------->8---
mathieu@berlin ~$ guix pull -s powerpc64le-linux -v3  --no-grafts
Updating channel 'guix' from Git repository at 'https://git.savannah.gnu.org/git/guix.git'...
Building from this channel:
  guix      https://git.savannah.gnu.org/git/guix.git   0598b5d
building /gnu/store/m7ppw9lb65g99dajwkb56w05zqmydsdh-guile-bootstrap-2.0.drv...
@ unsupported-platform /gnu/store/m7ppw9lb65g99dajwkb56w05zqmydsdh-guile-bootstrap-2.0.drv powerpc64le-linux
while setting up the build environment: a `powerpc64le-linux' is required to build `/gnu/store/m7ppw9lb65g99dajwkb56w05zqmydsdh-guile-bootstrap-2.0.drv', but I am a `x86_64-linux'
builder for `/gnu/store/m7ppw9lb65g99dajwkb56w05zqmydsdh-guile-bootstrap-2.0.drv' failed with exit code 1
build of /gnu/store/m7ppw9lb65g99dajwkb56w05zqmydsdh-guile-bootstrap-2.0.drv failed
View build log at '/var/log/guix/drvs/m7/ppw9lb65g99dajwkb56w05zqmydsdh-guile-bootstrap-2.0.drv.gz'.
cannot build derivation `/gnu/store/xd1sxx07rbynhhgb693vdw1rqlqd4a93-bash-minimal-5.1.8.drv': 1 dependencies couldn't be built
cannot build derivation `/gnu/store/wmqmkvgfs3cab3kf269d4p9lkphkwzdm-binutils-2.37.drv': 1 dependencies couldn't be built
cannot build derivation `/gnu/store/8nmr09ik10j36hghg2kil51jkjnj06q6-binutils-cross-boot0-2.37.drv': 1 dependencies couldn't be built
cannot build derivation `/gnu/store/04ngqmmifwqmlmga1ax9sxk09xv131xk-bootstrap-binaries-0.drv': 1 dependencies couldn't be built
cannot build derivation `/gnu/store/f3azd8szmzhxr020jia5072kc5izxjfj-coreutils-8.32.tar.xz.drv': 1 dependencies couldn't be built
cannot build derivation `/gnu/store/gjn725x4h9skb20zgi0pa92vlxgkgavs-diffutils-3.8.tar.xz.drv': 1 dependencies couldn't be built
cannot build derivation `/gnu/store/vp5pwmylb79zni917rk8y6l35v452p6d-diffutils-boot0-3.8.drv': 1 dependencies couldn't be built
cannot build derivation `/gnu/store/av4s8y2s91njxxv23rai319adk65w85z-file-boot0-5.39.drv': 1 dependencies couldn't be built
cannot build derivation `/gnu/store/xfpd2plqyzbrj8i509rdwcl01y3jbfgd-findutils-4.8.0.tar.xz.drv': 1 dependencies couldn't be built
cannot build derivation `/gnu/store/8k74lss8j7gczv24l30vppbsbps3adra-findutils-boot0-4.8.0.drv': 1 dependencies couldn't be built
cannot build derivation `/gnu/store/qa8v3sfgi0832w5q524vkgqw4168f40p-gcc-10.3.0.drv': 1 dependencies couldn't be built
cannot build derivation `/gnu/store/8nq5sgw7qw8flawdza94i8g9ybbq2qmq-glibc-2.33.drv': 1 dependencies couldn't be built
cannot build derivation `/gnu/store/nkph22a5q6y6vwc5lcrn8z207wbdh3an-grep-3.6.tar.xz.drv': 1 dependencies couldn't be built
cannot build derivation `/gnu/store/5k20iw84477c3i2fjadjvx27flwxv2gg-guile-3.0.7.drv': 1 dependencies couldn't be built
cannot build derivation `/gnu/store/kkghmiz85q072fznybdzkhqqp8h0givf-gzip-1.10.drv': 1 dependencies couldn't be built
cannot build derivation `/gnu/store/7rj3x1mpw27bsngmkny8ivwqbkcxzsmb-ld-wrapper-boot0-0.drv': 1 dependencies couldn't be built
cannot build derivation `/gnu/store/1q67mcy2jjvfg0lbmca94inrhqwpi05r-ld-wrapper-boot3-0.drv': 1 dependencies couldn't be built
cannot build derivation `/gnu/store/dpxnqbrjnlj5q8l9mi0g1i51bni61m7v-libgc-8.0.4.drv': 1 dependencies couldn't be built
cannot build derivation `/gnu/store/6pb0ihb8y3r7skh69vdjcxc2n0h2qbx1-libunistring-0.9.10.drv': 1 dependencies couldn't be built
cannot build derivation `/gnu/store/5c8wan41scm0j9dgcmq0rpcsb59n0l9v-linux-libre-headers-5.10.35.drv': 1 dependencies couldn't be built
cannot build derivation `/gnu/store/df9xgziafs0qpr7sxdcrxqbqd07a1h92-make-4.3.tar.xz.drv': 1 dependencies couldn't be built
cannot build derivation `/gnu/store/c0g8jj22ikdr6k53135rfrjj7mv234g1-make-boot0-4.3.drv': 1 dependencies couldn't be built
cannot build derivation `/gnu/store/wxqi4ibkxq2943krxf2xpxvyz0bjz1kx-patch-2.7.6.tar.xz.drv': 1 dependencies couldn't be built
cannot build derivation `/gnu/store/9wg27g47gqz9dr7grx2cv7l00kkm34bs-perl-5.34.0.tar.xz.drv': 1 dependencies couldn't be built
cannot build derivation `/gnu/store/1kq8l3m29nsaifsk1k0g1g0c6sk6ch4g-perl-boot0-5.34.0.drv': 1 dependencies couldn't be built
cannot build derivation `/gnu/store/1apai9zqhdc6zaj2r0fbxqipash5fnzx-sed-4.8.tar.xz.drv': 1 dependencies couldn't be built
cannot build derivation `/gnu/store/kl7934a54ykm9g3majmxlawks1xaz97y-tar-1.34.tar.xz.drv': 1 dependencies couldn't be built
cannot build derivation `/gnu/store/z7jij9k33bl8dm50zrhy97jxqwylx1s8-compute-guix-derivation.drv': 1 dependencies couldn't be built
guix pull: error: build of `/gnu/store/z7jij9k33bl8dm50zrhy97jxqwylx1s8-compute-guix-derivation.drv' failed
--8<---------------cut here---------------end--------------->8---

Maybe we should open a specific bug-report for that particular issue?

Mathieu