Subject: Re: bug#5721: Feature request: Function that returns absolute coordinates

From: YAMAMOTO Mitsuharu <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 15 Jul 2010 17:18:20 +0900

>>>>> On Thu, 15 Jul 2010 10:06:22 +0200, Jan Djärv <[email-masked]> said:

>>> I think your "only" is quite big.  Lots of code, C and Lisp, does
>>> that kind of calculation.
>> 
>> In what sense can they be simplified if we used absolute scaled
>> coordinate in Lisp as you say?

> Then they wouldn't need to be changed at all.

Even with absolute unscaled, they DIDN'T need any changes in the
platform independent part.

>> Window system APIs requires us to specify absolute unscaled
>> coordinates when creating windows or popup menus, so some
>> conversions are necessary anyway.

> That is the job of the platform specific code.

So you agree that changes are necessary in the platform specific part
regardless of scaled or unscaled when we support scaling factor?

Again, if we used absolute scaled coordinates to specify `left' and
`top' frame parameters, we could only place the frame to the position
whose coordinates are multiples of the scale factor.

				     YAMAMOTO Mitsuharu
				[email-masked]