Subject: bug#5721: Feature request: Function that returnsabsolute coordinates

From: Juanma Barranquero <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 1 Jul 2010 22:08:21 +0200

On Thu, Jul 1, 2010 at 20:26, Jan Djärv <[email-masked]> wrote:

> I don't think those working with w32 browse the bug tracker to find tasks to
> do.

Well, you are mistaken.

> But besides that, this is free software.  Unless a bug explicitly mentions
> w32, I do think it is done when it is implemented for free systems (in this
> case, nextstep and X).

Free software running on a non-free operating system is still free
software. So fixing a bug or adding a feature is *not* done while it
is not implemented on all supported platforms; that's unrelated to the
issue of whether non-free OSes are a priority, etc.

> I will try to not break compilation for non-free
> systems, but that is as far as I go.

Oh, I try not to break compilation for free systems, but that's as far as I go.

> If you can't implement it, file a new w32-specific bug.

That is ridiculous.

    Juanma