Subject: bug#57207: 29.0.50; Fontification is slow after e7b5912b23 (Improvements to long lines handling)

From: Ihor Radchenko <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 16 Aug 2022 20:28:57 +0800

Gregory Heytings <[email-masked]> writes:

>> Maybe Org does something that frequently causes a window's redisplay 
>> cycle to end prematurely, in which case the code that looks for long 
>> lines could be called too frequently.  But in that case, your proposed 
>> change will have the same problem, I think?
>>
>
> That's possible indeed, let's see what Ihor tells us.

I'm afraid that my knowledge of Emacs redisplay is not sufficient to give
any insight. I have no clue what "redisplay cycle end prematurely" means
and how it can be triggered.

-- 
Ihor Radchenko,
Org mode contributor,
Learn more about Org mode at https://orgmode.org/.
Support Org development at https://liberapay.com/org-mode,
or support my work at https://liberapay.com/yantar92