Subject: Re: bug#57207: 29.0.50; Fontification is slow after e7b5912b23 (Improvements to long lines handling)

From: Ihor Radchenko <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 16 Aug 2022 17:38:22 +0800

Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]> writes:

> Can you tell some statistics about the lines in that file:
>
>   . how many lines?

480,905

>   . how many lines longer than 10000 characters?

0

>   . how many lines longer than 100000 characters?

0

The longest line in that file is 5003 characters.

> And finally, can you post a short enough Org file, but long enough to
> exhibit the features you need to do the "unfolding headlines hidden
> using 'invisible text property" thing?  And also tell which Org
> commands you invoke to do that unfolding?  Because I don't think I
> understand what exactly are you doing in Org to trigger this, and thus
> I cannot try reproducing it.

I will try, but it may take some time. The file in question contains
some sensitive information.

-- 
Ihor Radchenko,
Org mode contributor,
Learn more about Org mode at https://orgmode.org/.
Support Org development at https://liberapay.com/org-mode,
or support my work at https://liberapay.com/yantar92