Subject: [bug#57133] [PATCH] gnu: Add rizin.

From: Maxime Devos <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 26 Aug 2022 15:54:38 +0200

On 15-08-2022 03:34, 宋文武 wrote:

>> What's the license for those binaries? I doubt all of them are gpl3+.
>>
>> I'm seeing a copy of libstdc++.so.6 in there. IIRC, it has a license
>> of the GPL family, which requires providing the source, so we need the
>> source code of it as well because of the licensing terms (the source
>> code of that particular variant of libstdc++, which might differ from
>> the version currently in Guix). Likewise for the other binaries.
>>
>> Personally, I think it would be more practical to ignore
>> rizin-testbins, even if that requires skipping some of the tests
>> (hopefully not all of them).
> I think those binaries as data, not programs to be run.  Well, most of
> them don't have sources in the repository, so I'll remove it and skip
> the integration tests.

This 'data' is still under various different licenses, some of which 
require providing source code. Copyright law not only covers programs to 
be run.

Greetings,
Maxime.