Subject: Re: bug#57129: 29.0.50; Improve behavior of conditionals in Eshell

From: Jim Porter <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 15 Mar 2023 22:35:24 -0700

On 8/25/2022 10:10 PM, Jim Porter wrote:
> On 8/24/2022 2:41 PM, Jim Porter wrote:
>> On 8/20/2022 11:03 AM, Jim Porter wrote:
>>> In addition to the changes to temporary file name generation, I think 
>>> it would be useful for Eshell to kill the temporary buffer too.
>> [snip]
>>> Attached is a patch to do this.
>>
>> Assuming there are no remaining objections, I'll merge this in a day 
>> or two.
> 
> Merged as a457aa62577284333c7d25d48a49704788b25a04.

I know there was a quite-lengthy discussion about the tempname function, 
but I think those patches were merged, along with my patch for the 
original bug topic. Therefore, I'm going to close this.

Of course, if there's still anything to do with the tempname stuff, 
let's do it (though it might help to give it a separate bug for tracking 
purposes).