Subject: Re: [bug#57118] [PATCH] gnu: Add linode-cli.

From: Maxime Devos <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 17 Sep 2022 22:24:33 +0200

On 01-09-2022 22:06, Csepp wrote:
> 
> [...]
> Oh wow, the git repo suggestion was head on.  I didn't think they would
> have something like that, but alas, they do:
> https://github.com/linode/linode-api-docs/blob/development/openapi.yaml
> 
> It doesn't really have a license though, I'm not sure if that's a problem.
> Would we get in trouble for redistributing it?

Sources (not only code (*), also it's documentation) needs to not only 
be redistributable, but also modifiable.

(*) it seems mostly 'data' (+ documentation), but it's data that to a 
large degree controls how the program works, so seems rather important 
data to me (e.g. what if you make your own version of 'linode.com' and 
need to tweak the openapi.yaml to accomodate your own version that 
behaves differently in some aspects, or removes or adds parts?).

Greetings,
Maxime.