Subject: Re: bug#57118: [PATCH] gnu: Add linode-cli.

From: Ludovic Courtès <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 01 Sep 2022 10:52:58 +0200

Hi,

Csepp <[email-masked]> skribis:

> Ludovic Courtès <[email-masked]> writes:

[...]

>>> +(define linode-openapi-spec
>>> +  (origin
>>> +    (method url-fetch)
>>> +    (uri "https://www.linode.com/docs/api/openapi.yaml")
>>> +    (sha256
>>> +     (base32
>>> +      "1jcjfnagjihcy03fcmn5sghdf7a80798xjgj1x7z3ncqwd5aggwg"))))

[...]

> I skimmed the OpenAPI spec and couldn't find any mention of how to
> access previous versions.

OK.

> IMHO if there is a build failure, guix refresh -u should take care of
> updating the hash.  It's better than trying to use an outdated API
> description without notifying the user.

I should say I don’t know what this file is used for.  :-)

What I do know is that we should avoid having origins like that above
that are bound to fail.  Perhaps we can find another option?  If the CLI
tools really need the latest version of ‘openapi.yaml’, could they
download it (and possibly cache it) at run time?  Perhaps there are
already provisions for that?

If the tools don’t strictly need the latest version, then hopefully
Linode keeps a copy of this file in a Git repo somewhere?

TIA,
Ludo’.