Subject: bug#57107: texinfo-format-buffer does not work in calc.texi

From: Stefan Kangas <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 10 Aug 2022 05:40:33 -0700

close 57107 28.2
thanks

Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]> writes:

> It's a bug in calc.texi: it violates the following requirement of
> Texinfo:
>
>   The '@setfilename' line specifies the name of the output file to be
>   generated.  When present, it should be the first Texinfo command (that
>   is, after '\input texinfo'). ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
>   ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Thanks, I'm now getting a different backtrace in calc.texi:

Debugger entered--Lisp error: (file-missing "Opening input file" "No
such file or directory"
"/home/skangas/wip/emacs-release/doc/misc/docstyle....")
  insert-file-contents("/home/skangas/wip/emacs-release/doc/misc/docstyle...."
nil nil nil nil)
  apply(insert-file-contents
("/home/skangas/wip/emacs-release/doc/misc/docstyle...." nil nil nil
nil))
  openwith-file-handler(insert-file-contents
"/home/skangas/wip/emacs-release/doc/misc/docstyle...." nil nil nil
nil)
  texinfo-format-buffer-1()
  texinfo-format-buffer(nil)
  funcall-interactively(texinfo-format-buffer nil)
  command-execute(texinfo-format-buffer)

I've opened Bug#57114 for that.