Subject: bug#571: 23.0.60; Solaris 5.8 version hangs (X resources for faces)

From: Klaus Zeitler <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 21 Aug 2008 14:09:24 +0200

>>>>> "Chong" == Chong Yidong <[email-masked]> writes:
    Chong> 
    Chong> I can't figure out why you get the error you do... but does the
    Chong> following patch at least prevent the crash?

Even better, with your patch emacs starts up without any problems
(though it might hide a potential bug).
I tried to examine the Lisp_Object lface and I thought I could do this
with "p lface" and then "pr", but all I get from the pr command is
'unspecified'.

My guess is there's a problem with the font specification.

If you want me to investigate further, please give me a few hints.

Klaus

-- 
 --------------------------------------------------
|  Klaus Zeitler      Alcatel-Lucent               |
|  Email:             [email-masked]  |
 --------------------------------------------------
---
You can only live once, but if you do it right, once is enough.