Subject: Re: bug#57090: [BUG] Default Notation for chmod in guix style?

From: Maxime Devos <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 9 Aug 2022 22:59:11 +0200

Note: No need for [BUG] prefixes -- they are prefixed automatically by 
bug#NNNNN and the bug tracker is either for bugs or patches, and the 
latter has the [PATCH ...] convention. No harm though.

On 09-08-2022 22:47, Christopher Rodriguez wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I've noticed that, when I explicitly declare absolute permissions in
> octal during a (chmod …) in my package definitions and then run guix
> style, it converts them to decimal instead.
>
> Is this intended? I've gotten feedback and agree that octal (#o755) is
> much clearer to read than decimal (493), simply because I'm used to the
> actual unix chmod tool and its conventions.
>
> --
>
> Christopher Rodriguez

'chmod' is not mentioned anywhere in (guix scripts style), so I'd think 
it's just an oversight. The authority on the matter would be Ludovic 
Courtès <[email-masked]>

Disclaimer: I'm the one that wrote that feedback. Let's not double-count 
my non-existent 'votes'.

Greetings,
Maxime