Subject: bug#57090: closed (Re: bug#57090: 'guix style' pretty-printer always renders integers as base10)

From: [email-masked] (GNU bug Tracking System)
Date: Thu, 01 Sep 2022 16:44:01 +0000

Your bug report

#57090: 'guix style' pretty-printer always renders integers as base10

which was filed against the guix package, has been closed.

The explanation is attached below, along with your original report.
If you require more details, please reply to [email-masked].

-- 
57090: https://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=57090
GNU Bug Tracking System
Contact [email-masked] with problems

Subject: Re: bug#57090: 'guix style' pretty-printer always renders integers as base10
From: Ludovic Courtès <[email-masked]>
To: "(" <[email-masked]>
Cc: Maxime Devos <[email-masked]>, Christopher Rodriguez <[email-masked]>, [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 01 Sep 2022 18:43:22 +0200
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Hi,

Ludovic Courtès <[email-masked]> skribis:

> Now, we could tweak the pretty printer so that it recognizes patterns
> where numbers or strings should be printed in a certain way.

I did that in c3b1cfe76b7038f4030d7d207ffc417fed9a7ead.  Lemme know how
you like it!  :-)

Ludo’.

Subject: [BUG] Default Notation for chmod in guix style?
From: Christopher Rodriguez <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 09 Aug 2022 16:47:58 -0400
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Hello,

I've noticed that, when I explicitly declare absolute permissions in
octal during a (chmod …) in my package definitions and then run guix
style, it converts them to decimal instead.

Is this intended? I've gotten feedback and agree that octal (#o755) is
much clearer to read than decimal (493), simply because I'm used to the
actual unix chmod tool and its conventions.

--

Christopher Rodriguez