Subject: [PATCH v3 0/7] Add native compilation to Emacs

From: Liliana Marie Prikler <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 25 Aug 2022 09:08:04 +0200

Hi Guix,

After fixing some minor issues like emacs-guix, emacs-org and
emacs-yasnippet not building, this series is somewhat closer to
completion.  However, I've noticed that using emacs-minimal for
native compilation and regular emacs for running things is somewhat
suboptimal, as the two have different hashes.  There are some
remedies, such as using regular emacs as #:emacs when natively
compiling and emacs-minimal for cross-compiling – and also
removing native-compilation from the "minimal" packages – but
before I put those plans into actions I'd like to hear some
bug reports for this series.

My own emacs manifest builds now, so I consider this otherwise stable.

Cheers

Liliana Marie Prikler (7):
  gnu: Parameterize libgccjit.
  gnu: libgccjit: Build with bootstrapped gcc.
  gnu: libgccjit: Build multiple versions.
  gnu: emacs: Build with native compilation.
  guix: emacs-utils: Add emacs-compile-directory.
  build-system: emacs: Use native compilation.
  gnu: emacs-yasnippet: Fix build.

 gnu/packages/emacs.scm                        | 67 ++++++++++++++++++-
 gnu/packages/gcc.scm                          | 53 ++++++++++-----
 .../patches/emacs-yasnippet-fix-tests.patch   | 30 +++++++--
 guix/build/emacs-build-system.scm             | 20 +++++-
 guix/build/emacs-utils.scm                    | 30 +++++++++
 5 files changed, 174 insertions(+), 26 deletions(-)

-- 
2.37.2