Subject: bug#57080: 28.1; The %m modeline construct does not work for emacs-lisp-mode

From: diredwolf <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 9 Aug 2022 18:06:16 +0200

The name of the major mode is not displayed correctly when using the %m
modeline construct. The name is displayed correctly for every mode
except elisp-mode.

Steps to reproduce :
- Launch emacs -q
- Evaluate this :: (setq-default mode-line-format "[%m]")

For every major mode you should see for example [Message] or [Dired by
name] or [Help] but for elisp-mode you get [].

In GNU Emacs 28.1 (build 1, aarch64-apple-darwin21.1.0, NS appkit-2113.00 Version 12.0.1 (Build 21A559))
of 2022-05-11 built on armbob.lan
Windowing system distributor 'Apple', version 10.3.2113
System Description:  macOS 12.5

Configured using:
'configure --with-ns '--enable-locallisppath=/Library/Application
Support/Emacs/${version}/site-lisp:/Library/Application
Support/Emacs/site-lisp' --with-modules'

Configured features:
ACL GMP GNUTLS JSON LIBXML2 MODULES NOTIFY KQUEUE NS PDUMPER THREADS
TOOLKIT_SCROLL_BARS ZLIB

Important settings:
  value of $LANG: en_FR.UTF-8
  locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix

Major mode: Org

Minor modes in effect:
  display-time-mode: t
  display-battery-mode: t
  global-git-commit-mode: t
  magit-auto-revert-mode: t
  shell-dirtrack-mode: t
  global-org-modern-mode: t
  org-modern-mode: t
  meow-global-mode: t
  meow-mode: t
  meow-normal-mode: t
  marginalia-mode: t
  vertico-mode: t
  pulsar-global-mode: t
  pulsar-mode: t
  savehist-mode: t
  save-place-mode: t
  global-auto-revert-mode: t
  global-hl-line-mode: t
  global-subword-mode: t
  subword-mode: t
  delete-selection-mode: t
  tooltip-mode: t
  global-eldoc-mode: t
  show-paren-mode: t
  electric-indent-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  tab-bar-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  font-lock-mode: t
  auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t
  line-number-mode: t
  global-visual-line-mode: t
  visual-line-mode: t
  indent-tabs-mode: t
  transient-mark-mode: t

Load-path shadows:
/Users/matthieu/.emacs.d/elpa/transient-20220806.2224/transient hides /Applications/Emacs.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/transient

Features:
(shadow sort mail-extr emacsbug sendmail dired-aux org-element ol-eww
eww xdg mm-url ol-rmail ol-mhe ol-irc ol-info ol-gnus nnselect
gnus-search eieio-opt speedbar ezimage dframe gnus-art mm-uu mml2015
mm-view mml-smime smime dig gnus-sum gnus-group gnus-undo gnus-start
gnus-dbus gnus-cloud nnimap nnmail mail-source utf7 netrc nnoo
parse-time gnus-spec gnus-int gnus-range gnus-win gnus nnheader
ol-docview doc-view jka-compr image-mode exif ol-bibtex ol-bbdb ol-w3m
ol-doi org-link-doi time battery dbus elfeed-show elfeed-search vc-git
vc-dispatcher shr kinsoku svg dom elfeed-csv elfeed elfeed-curl
elfeed-log elfeed-db elfeed-lib avl-tree generator url-queue xml-query
xml format-all language-id inheritenv magit-bookmark magit-submodule
magit-obsolete magit-blame magit-stash magit-reflog magit-bisect
magit-push magit-pull magit-fetch magit-clone magit-remote magit-commit
magit-sequence magit-notes magit-worktree magit-tag magit-merge
magit-branch magit-reset magit-files magit-refs magit-status magit
magit-repos magit-apply magit-wip magit-log which-func magit-diff
smerge-mode diff diff-mode git-commit log-edit pcvs-util add-log
magit-core magit-autorevert magit-margin magit-transient magit-process
with-editor shell server magit-mode transient magit-git magit-base
magit-section crm compat-27 compat-26 org-modern org ob ob-tangle ob-ref
ob-lob ob-table ob-exp org-macro org-footnote org-src ob-comint
org-pcomplete pcomplete org-list org-faces org-entities noutline outline
org-version ob-emacs-lisp ob-core ob-eval org-table oc-basic bibtex
iso8601 ol rx org-keys oc org-compat advice org-macs org-loaddefs
format-spec cal-menu calendar cal-loaddefs denote meow meow-tutor
meow-cheatsheet meow-cheatsheet-layout meow-core meow-shims meow-esc
meow-command array meow-beacon meow-thing meow-visual meow-keypad
meow-helpers meow-util meow-keymap meow-face meow-var embark ffap
thingatpt marginalia helpful imenu trace edebug backtrace info-look f
f-shortdoc shortdoc help-fns elisp-refs s orderless corfu
consult-vertico consult compat-28 compat recentf tree-widget wid-edit
bookmark pp vertico modus-operandi-theme modus-themes edmacro kmacro
olivetti pulsar pulse color cl-extra help-mode savehist saveplace
autorevert filenotify hl-line cap-words superword subword delsel pcase
xref project compile comint ansi-color ring find-func autoload
radix-tree lisp-mnt tar-mode arc-mode archive-mode mm-archive message
dired dired-loaddefs rfc822 mml mml-sec epa derived epg rfc6068
gnus-util rmail rmail-loaddefs text-property-search mailabbrev gmm-utils
mailheader mm-decode mm-bodies mm-encode mail-utils gnutls
network-stream url-http mail-parse rfc2231 rfc2047 rfc2045 mm-util
ietf-drums mail-prsvr url-gw nsm rmc puny url-cache url-auth epg-config
time-date auto-package-update dash diminish use-package
use-package-ensure use-package-delight use-package-diminish
use-package-bind-key bind-key easy-mmode use-package-core finder-inf
info package browse-url url url-proxy url-privacy url-expand url-methods
url-history url-cookie url-domsuf url-util mailcap url-handlers
url-parse auth-source cl-seq eieio eieio-core cl-macs eieio-loaddefs
password-cache json subr-x map url-vars seq byte-opt gv bytecomp
byte-compile cconv cl-loaddefs cl-lib iso-transl tooltip eldoc paren
electric uniquify ediff-hook vc-hooks lisp-float-type elisp-mode mwheel
term/ns-win ns-win ucs-normalize mule-util term/common-win tool-bar dnd
fontset image regexp-opt fringe tabulated-list replace newcomment
text-mode lisp-mode prog-mode register page tab-bar menu-bar rfn-eshadow
isearch easymenu timer select scroll-bar mouse jit-lock font-lock syntax
font-core term/tty-colors frame minibuffer cl-generic cham georgian
utf-8-lang misc-lang vietnamese tibetan thai tai-viet lao korean
japanese eucjp-ms cp51932 hebrew greek romanian slovak czech european
ethiopic indian cyrillic chinese composite emoji-zwj charscript charprop
case-table epa-hook jka-cmpr-hook help simple abbrev obarray
cl-preloaded nadvice button loaddefs faces cus-face macroexp files
window text-properties overlay sha1 md5 base64 format env code-pages
mule custom widget hashtable-print-readable backquote threads kqueue
cocoa ns multi-tty make-network-process emacs)

Memory information:
((conses 16 604371 43389)
(symbols 48 40916 9)
(strings 32 195283 14959)
(string-bytes 1 5733155)
(vectors 16 76142)
(vector-slots 8 861099 43431)
(floats 8 1770 1217)
(intervals 56 5647 5580)
(buffers 992 23))