Subject: bug#57071: Xscreensaver not working since latest patch

From: Rick Huijzer <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 9 Aug 2022 10:04:17 +0200

Hi,

The latest xscreensaver patch <https://issues.guix.gnu.org/56597> rendered
xscreensaver unusable on my systems. When I try to unlock my screen I am
greeted with the message 'xscreensaver: don't login as root', even though I
don't invoke it as root.

$xscreensaver-command -lock
Aug  9 08:45:22 localhost shepherd[1]: [slim] xscreensaver-gfx: 08:45:22:
1: running as root: not launching hacks.
Aug  9 09:10:29 localhost shepherd[1]: [slim] xscreensaver-command: locking
Aug  9 09:10:32 localhost shepherd[1]: [slim] xscreensaver-gfx: 09:10:32:
0: running as root: not launching hacks.

When I remove the
(screen-locker-service xscreensaver)
I run into all kinds of set-uid problems.

I will happily provide more information if needed.

-- 
Met vriendelijke groet,

Rick Huijzer